Personal information we collect
We generally collect your personal information directly from you. For example when you subscribe to the mailing list, enter details to complete your online transaction, complete surveys, enter promotions etc... generally the type of personal information we collect about you includes your name, e-mail address, and phone numbers, age, gender etc… if you do not give this information, we may not be able to provide goods or services to you.
Further when you visit our websites, we may collect more information about your visits, website activity and record the following information for statistical purposes:
- your ISP server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the name of the web page directing you
- the type of browser you are using
- your clicks and activity on our site
How we may use your personal information
SHELLVIO collects personal information for the following purposes:
- to process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment
- to communicate with you and to send you information by text, email, postal mail or other means about our products, services and promotions or the products and services of others, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- to administer and fulfill our promotions
- to help us learn more about your shopping preferences
- to help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
- to enhance your shopping experience
- to analyse trends and statistics
- to protect the security or integrity of our website and our business
- to contact you if necessary
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Our website uses "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. cookies enable you to shop on our websites and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing and shopping experience.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our websites.
How to contact us